Sunday, February 14, 2010

bed

well i started to do a little work on my bed i got a small stepper mounted to it. that i got from a printer i was given for parts, kinda wish it had some more stuff in it that i could use. but i got what i could get,

it was a pain drilling out the hole for it, i didnt have any drill bits bigger than .5 inch and i needed to make it .6 to get the pully through the hole, so it took longer than i would have liked. but i got her done, and mounted. the pully on the one side i just glued in for now just to see how she would fit. i didnt think i would be needing a shorter belt for it, but at least that is allot less trouble than needing a bigger one.

at least i am getting more and more done, so i am happy.

my uncle is sending me some old part he has so i will have some more stuff to work with here soon too.

the funny part is that i just used pc case screws to attach the stepper motor to the plate..lol

2 comments:

  1. Great work looks good.... Its very nice to see you are using those bits as
    I have 4 sets like that and plastic spingy tensioners out of my Lexmark printers..

    Scanners have almost the same bits they dont driect drive belt as they have a 3 gear gear box with a clothes peg type spring for tensioning the belt.
    I need to take a gear box apart to count teeth next to see if they will get the resolution I need without using microstepping.

    I have just bought a some microstepping chips to play So need to get my mind around using KiCad as they are Surface mount devices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. for not it is just attached with hot glue i will need to find a better way to attach it soon, and to use up the slack from the belt.

    but thank you any how, i hope i can get more done soon

    ReplyDelete