Friday, October 28, 2011

.35mm hot end tip

well i have switched my hot end to the .35mm one i ordered from makergear, and so far it has been working allot better for me. i am getting better details and i find it less trouble for strings vs the .50 i started with. maybe it just has a harder time oozing out of it between jumps in location. i will say this much about the .5mm and that is the fact that the walls are allot thinner so i find my self doing 3 walls deep, but it dose print allot nicer though, i am going to try to print another diamond here for a test run, just to see how much better it is printing.

i hope that on Monday i can get my new spools of PLA they finally made it to the post office, i wonder how much customs is going to ding me for this one. me and them don't have a great history.

i am still wonder what i will do for my new Mendel i would like to get all new steppers and electronics for it, it would make it allot nicer having 2 working units vs just 1 working. that and i do kinda like the new 1.4 ramps setup.

i am still working on trying some new things, but i have some issues to work out still. like how to get 3mm I.D. stainless steel tubes to fit into some 6mm threads, i am thinking about trying to make the one end wider by hitting a center punch into it, i bought extras i will just have to try it on one i guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment